Will 24# injectors work with a 24# MAF and a computer from a 93 LX 5 spd?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hi Guys. I am going to do a MAF conversion on my 87 GT with the computer and sensor coming from a 93 LX 5.0. I have an offer to get a MAF sensor calibrated for 24# injectors and a set of 24# injectors for cheap, so what I need to know is whether or not this 24# setup will work with a LX computer. I know that the stock injector size is 19 lbs, so I don't want to have issues.
Thanks,
Rob

Edit- the 24# setup won't be going in until I do my heads and intake, and possibly a cam, later this spring. Right now I need to run the 19# setup on a mostly stock motor, I just want to be sure about when the 24# stuff goes in. All the 24# stuff is from the FRPP MAF conversion kit, but I am not getting the computer that came with it.

• Sponsors (?)

I assumed it would, but I wanted to be sure that the computer would be compatible. Having no experience with the MAF system, I didn't want to be wrong. I figured that the MAF sensor would be the only thing that needed calibration, not the computer.

Ford modifies the computer to use larger injectors. The Cobra MAF kit modified the computer to run the 24# injectors. The MAF that came with it was not modified, and can be used with 19# injectors. MAF's like the Pro-M modify the MAF itself to use bigger injectors.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I believe if your using using a frpp 24lb maf conversion it's like the cobra's, the calibration is done through the computer not the mass air. So the Cobra meter you have is actually calibrated for 19lb injectors. Without the actual computer that came with the kit the car will be mismatched.. FRPP didn't use the MAF to calibrate for the 24's, it used the computer, which you don't have. So if you use a stock 93lx computer with the injectors and meter you have, it would actually be calibrated for 19 lb injectors not 24's because your using a non cobra computer. what you will want to do to run the 24's will be to purchase a mass air seperately that is actually calibrated for 24lb injectors, from Pro-m or possibly C&L, although Pro-M's are the best IMO. You could use all the parts you have just not the mass air meter.

I think I am probably just going to stick with a 19# setup then, because I don't want to spend the money on another meter. As far as I know, 19lb injectors should be fine, I was just upgrading because the price was right. Thanks for the heads up guys.

If your gonna do heads, cam, and intake then you are gonna need some 24's or 30's. Watch the classifieds on stangnet and corral and look at ebay.. a new pro-m 75mm bullet is 189 bucks brand new and can be boughten used for half, you just have to find someone who already has it calibrated for 24's. Your cobra meter would probably bring in 50 bucks on ebay.. you could swap out meters for very little out of pocket expense if you do it correctly

There is a formula for calculating fuel injector size, but I'm too lazy to get my book. I know the 19s will run out of juice before 300rwhp. Even if they could stretch that far, you don't want to run injectors at the upper end of their range all the time.

You can buy 24s and 30s all day long for cheap b/c people are always upgrading to 36s and 42s.

I'm guessing 24s would be fine for 300rwhp. You can go with 19s until you get the need for 24s, just don't let your engine start running lean.