Will 275/45/17 tires fit on 96 Cobra wheels

stevstum

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2001
Salem, Oregon
Will 275/45/17 tires fit on 96 Cobra wheels, and if so what brands do you suggest. I live in Oregon and it rains 9 months out of the year. So if anyone has pics of this size of tire on their cars I would like to see what they look like. So lets see them.

• Sponsors (?)

stevstum said:
Will 275/45/17 tires fit on 96 Cobra wheels, and if so what brands do you suggest. I live in Oregon and it rains 9 months out of the year. So if anyone has pics of this size of tire on their cars I would like to see what they look like. So lets see them.

They will fit, but they will bulge. I would stick to a 245/45/17 or a 255/40/17

The best rain tire ive used is the Toyo T1-S. I have a 308rwhp mach with 4:10 and i am more confedent with the T1-S tire when its raining then the stock tires when its dry.

I have 275/45's on my 97 Cobra and they fit with out any bulge at all. I have Faulkens but I hear Nittos and several other brands' 275's fit without a significant bulge.

By the way- the 275 Faulkens really didn't help out with traction that much. I can still break them loose fomr a 2nd gear stomp when its cold out. :nonono: I guess I'll try Nittos next time.