Will 99 coil springs work in a 96?

JoeDaddy

Honey, I need a check for $30k to pay the hooker
10 Year Member
Apr 20, 2010
SW Michigan
I am doing some front end work on my 96 GT (non convertable), and i have found that my drivers side coil spring is broke. The local parts yard has a 99 GT that is a convertable and says roush on it. I measured my non broken spring and it is about 15.5" tall and about 5" around. The spring at the parts yard was about 14.5" tall, and about 5" around. So my question is will these springs work on my car? My great powers of math says that these springs will lower my car, so I assume I want all four, and not just the front two?

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

If it was a GT coupe then yes. Due to the extra weight in convertables their springs are different. Not sure if they'll lower your car without the extra weight.

Hmmm.. Didn't think about that. I am not really looking to lower it. Just trying not to spend another $200+ on new springs.. The convertable springs would probably make it ride a bit rougher then too huh?

There are always springs for sale in forums and locally for around $100. I'd assume you would be spending between $50 and $100 anyways from the junkyard, so I'd think about going that route if you are so inclined on getting aftermarket springs in the long run anyways..

Joe Daddy, I have my stock 99 GT coupe springs just sitting in the garage taking up space. If you want them, $40 for the springs + plus shipping. Didn't just want to throw them away, figured somone might need/want them. Let me know, and i'll get the box weighed for a shipping estimate....