Will a 1993 FM/AM radio/tape player work in a 1998 4.6L GT?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I am curious if a stock AM/FM radio with a tape player will work in my 1998 GT, from a 1993 5.0L.

Also, any tips (without the special radio removal tool) to get the radio out?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the radio / cd player (2 separate units) I'm pretty sure are from from a 98' gt that were given to me with the car, but I went with an aftermarket unit, if you're interested PM me.

why in the hell would you even want that in your car?

i just lurk stangnet now for the last couple years and read usually, but i remember you asking for just buttons on the stock deck once.

im just curious/baffled, ive never seen anyone try to keep stock systems/downgrade stock systems before.

281pony - I am selling the 1998 Mustang GT soon.

I feel I do not need to explain my reasoning. It waste time and bores people. :)

*Cliffnotes*

If I can swap my 1993 (perfect condition) deck/tape player into my 1998 (being sold), then it will look better. I will then buy an aftermarket head unit for my 1993.

$2 dollar kit and $15 in gas.

281pony - I am selling the 1998 Mustang GT soon.

I feel I do not need to explain my reasoning. It waste time and bores people. :)

*Cliffnotes*

If I can swap my 1993 (perfect condition) deck/tape player into my 1998 (being sold), then it will look better. I will then buy an aftermarket head unit for my 1993.

$2 dollar kit and $15 in gas.

cut/bend two coat hangers into a "u" shape. insert on both sides and while <----> spreading pull out. its that easy. :nice: l
l
V