Will a 2003 Cobra Front Bumper fit 99-03 GT's or 99-01 Cobras?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a 99-01 Cobra bumper kit but I did not put it on yet , it should be bolt on.

I think a member here has a 03 Cobra Bumper on a GT and he solved the fitting issue by drilling new mounting holes but can't tell for sure where, I know that it will fit on with a stock GT hood.

The front hood line on the new cobra's are slightly different. The 03 bumper will fit, but the hood won't match up to it exactly. If you buy the cobra hood too, then you are good to go, or you can just spend some time adjusting on your hood to get it to look close as you can.

Blown99Snake said:
Anyone have a clue if the 2003 Cobra fornt bumper will fit 1999-2004 GT's or 99-01 Cobras? Thanks!

Here's a link to a thread that was on the Corral. There are pics and instructions for mounting the '03 Cobra bumper on a GT body.

There may be a gap difference with the Cobra hood you have but I think this trick will fix it well enough.

03 Cobra bumper thread at the Corral

Hop

Yes it will, if it's modified slightly. The section of the bumper where it mounts under the hood needs change slightlyd. The regular bumper rest and attaches on some supports in front of the radiator. The support needs to be routed out under the flat section where the bumber cover rest. Route it out with a dremel tool wide enough for the bumper attachment points to slide into the new groves and install the retaining gromets in on top of the support side.
WALL-LA the Cobra bumper is on your GT and the hood will close too!
At least that how I did mine. The cobra bumber on my GT confuses the hell out of people.