Will a T45 fit in a .......

5.0 Nostalgia said:
I'm sorry if you thought I was slamming you. It was not my intention. I just get the impression you wish you had the car back and that's why you sometimes get defensive when someone says something you don't like about the 4.6 cars. Even though I sold my 4.6 for another 5.0, I still think it's a great car. Being that I had a 96, it was a little slower than a 99+ GT. I didn't really care about that though, as the car was a daily driver and I never really drove it hard. For the 281 displacement it puts out, the motor does a lot with it. Much more efficient use of hp than the 302. And damn did that motor run smooth. In the end, I sold mine because it just didn't fit for me. I found that it was a little more involved to work on. Oil changes and the like were easy and I installed the Speed Cal with no problems. I just feel more comfortable under the hood of the fox.

I agree with you on how some 5.0 guys like to dump on the 4.6. I don't go for that either. I still don't see why people on this site argue over the different types of Mustangs. An example: I went into the 2.3 forum a couple weeks ago for the first time to follow a thread where you and a couple 2.3 guys were going back and forth with Willys about the Vettes. I posted in that thread and ended up folllowing it when I got email updates. I hopped around there a bit and saw that some of those guys don't like 5.0 guys because some of the guys here treat them like jerks. A true stanger will have at least some interest and respect for all Mustangs. If you can make it go fast, then it's cool!

Now hopefully we can call a truce and go back and play like nice little kids. :nice:

I absolutely wish I had my car back...great dependability and all around drove a lot better...but I also take up for those camaros/vettes :) /etc...that are being exampled with bad info...even though I don't own one...I just don't like misconscrewed info...

The 4.6L vs. 5.0 thing goes both ways with me...I'll defend each sector but since this is a 5.0 forum section your not going to see me defend the 5.0 much...so therefore it appears I take up for the 4.6L more than what is actually occuring...

Yeah I'm familiar with that 2.3L thread :nice:

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

OOhhhhh boy- who would have thought that this would be such a contraversial subject? Anyway, my tranny guy told me that the th T45 is a little better but not much different. I converted one (because I had it...and the parts) to fit my old 90' coupe. I could't tell the difference between it and my old T-5. The T45 is about an inch longer. You need to use an input shaft from a 87-93 mustang (or like) tranny as well as the 87-93 bellhousing. If my memory serves me right I ended up having an extra connection from my harness because the newer tranny had less wiring. It did not cause any problems. They are almost the same and even have interchangable parts. Its definitely not worth fighting over.

QDRHRSE said:
OOhhhhh boy- who would have thought that this would be such a contraversial subject? Anyway, my tranny guy told me that the th T45 is a little better but not much different. I converted one (because I had it...and the parts) to fit my old 90' coupe. I could't tell the difference between it and my old T-5. The T45 is about an inch longer. You need to use an input shaft from a 87-93 mustang (or like) tranny as well as the 87-93 bellhousing. If my memory serves me right I ended up having an extra connection from my harness because the newer tranny had less wiring. It did not cause any problems. They are almost the same and even have interchangable parts. Its definitely not worth fighting over.

Just out of curiousity, how did you get the t5 bellhousing to mate with t45? Did you have to drill holes in the bellhousing?