will a t5 work???

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
I just bought a 351 cleveland that has a bunch of work done to it....(previously laid down 463rwhp) Im going to put it in my 88 Lx but i dont have a transmission for it except a c6 that really needs to be built up. Would a built t5 work better with it? And would i need a different bell housing?

• Sponsors (?)

Building a C4 is not that much cash for only 500hp capacity.And a C6 is close to 75lbs heavier than a C4.Dude5l, you obisionly don't know much about building C4's.All parts for a C6 cost more and it's not like the C4 is weak.You get a hardened input shaft, hi-perfomance clutch/rebuild package,kelvar bands and a hardened sprag (basket).You don't need 6 gear planets until around 600hp and get a good reverse manual valve body.

Is it a stroker?If it has a 4V style heads it has lots of torque at higher rpms (+4000), so you don't need a trans that is meant to be in a heavy vehical whit tons of low end torque.The torque on a clevland comes on "smoother" than a windsor because there mad for more of a high rpm power band.I'm not saying don't use the C6, but if it's going in any thing under 3600lbs, it don't need it.