Will adding MM full-length subframe connectors affect my ride quality?

• Sponsors (?)

Rocketman said:
They improved my ride quality. Took out a lot of rattles and squeaks.

SFCTacked.jpg

Do you guys weld only the brackets area or the full lenght of the frame connectors?

I am asking because my friend has full lenght MM SFC on his Fox and he got it welded all along the frame connectors and the brackets too. My friend is handling freak, he has 8 point roll cage and MM Road & Track kit.

Is this necessary?

Attachments

• SFCTacked.jpg
    SFCTacked.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 174
I noticed a difference as soon as I pulled out on the street. I had subs on my 00gt and besides gears they were one of the most noticable mods I did to the car. so I knew if I ever got anouther stang I would do them again, and its worth it. the car just feels more solid and predicatable. I drive a friends vert and it just flexs all over the place, yes I know i have a coupe but I still could tell a huge difference. well worth it.

Seraphitia102 said:
I finally got some full-length subframes! turning feels so much better :)

Did you go with the MM Full Length?

Be sure to check if they sanded and painted over the welds properly.

Good to hear you had them do it, what was the total out the door for the install?

Henceforward said:
Did you go with the MM Full Length?

Be sure to check if they sanded and painted over the welds properly.

Good to hear you had them do it, what was the total out the door for the install?

I didn't go with MM because when I went to Chicane Sport Tuning, he's a MM dealer and installer. He recommended Global West Full-Length Subframe Connectors instead because they are of round shaped construction and MM are square-shaped. He felt round is more durable than square finishes, but he said both will do me good.

I also got seat supports welded into the full-length subframes in which now my seat is supported fully by the subframes :)

When I make a sharp turn, i was like damn, the handling is so much more comfortable.

I'll take pictures of my round-subframes later today and post them.

wow you have a lot of ground clearance.

I couldn't feel any difference when I had my fl mm sfc installed. I even made a thread about it, but even if I can't feel a difference, I know it's added structural integrity is well worth the cost.

steve, I had mine welded for $100 by a fellow mustang enthusiast. he did it in his garage and took about 4 hours.

wow, i have never seen round subframes before.....i don't see how they can be as good as square ones........naturally by design the square box SFC will be more rigid. More room for flex in the round ones. Either way, have to be better then nothing I suppose.