will aftermarket control arms and SFCs make the car less streetable..

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i was talking with a friend today and we concluded doing some basic suspension upgrades should cause the car to drive rougher and spins tires easier...

is this right??

i was thinking of some SFCs some nice tubular control arms and some decent shocks. I will probably keep the stock springs unless there is a cheap alternative that will help the car hook better....

also.
what do you look for in a shock? you want a shock that compresses fast to transfer weight right? and u want to keep the ass of the car low during the track run right?

• Sponsors (?)

The stock spring are great springs at the track,with slick or drag radials on.

New control arms will defenitly help you hook up and launch harder.

Shocks,nothing fancy,a good 50/50 will be what you need.Fronts are what makes the differance,along with springs.Go with a lighter spring for more stored energy,and adjustable shock are awsome.Take a look at the Strange adjustable fronts,good price and quality.

The new control arms will help locate the axle better, for better traction and less wheel hop, might be stiff, BUT will DEFINATLY help streetablilty and traction, wont be sloppy on the street, I also suggest new heavy duty upper control arms, nothing fancy the $99 ones from ford will do but they will feel better. Look at MM or HPM megabite control arms, MM is a great piece for traction and better street driving, HPm is great for traction, teamz motorsports also has great control arms for 180 bucks. And any full length subframes will make a big difference.

Eibach makes a good drag spring with an airbag, for like 250 bucks.

For shocks and struts just go with strange adjuastables, for the money you wont get a better part. For drag racing you want a soft setting so the front will lift up and quickly transfer the weight to the back when you hit the gas. Given it will be alittle rough on the street so the strange adjustables will allow you to get the best of both worlds, set it to a stiff setting on the street, and at the track just turn the knob and you have a drag shock.