will aftermarket control arms and SFCs make the car less streetable..

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i was talking with a friend today and we concluded doing some basic suspension upgrades should cause the car to drive rougher and spins tires easier... instead of the stock suspension and car twisting a flexing then transfering power. the car would transfer power much better...

is this right??

i was thinking of some SFCs some nice tubular control arms and some decent shocks. I will probably keep the stock springs unless there is a cheap alternative that will help the car hook better....

also.
what do you look for in a shock? you want a shock that compresses fast to transfer weight faster right? and u want to keep the ass of the car low during the track run right?

• Sponsors (?)

The car will probably ride stiffer because of the harder bushings in aftermarket arms, but this does not effect streetability.

Frame connectors will improve streetability.. less creeks etc, a more rigid chassis.

subframes and control arms will help the car hook better at the track and on the street. if you want the car to have a real nice ride and still hook at the track, get some adjustable shocks/struts. that way you can have a nice smooth ride on the street and then when you get to the track, loosen the front end and stiffen the rear

the sfc's will be awesome, if you got any rattles a lot of them will go away and your chassis will be stiff. I run lowering springs and I hook great...as long as you get a good set of lowering springs, they have fewer coils, but they are thicker, so you can still get good traction.