Will car pass smog in CA with ported heads?

I rather just make the car legal. At some point I will superchrage the car and have plenty of legal power. I may never have as much HP as a car that doesnt meet emmissions regulations, but I will still have plenty. When it comes right down to it headers and mid pipe are about the onlt thing that makes getting the car smogged a pain. You can still make plenty of power with those pieces remaining stock. Port the heads and run a legal blower kit, should be good enough. I am always seeing guys running the stock PI cams and making crazy power. There is that one guy on the T&J site that made like 600 HP with the stock heads and cams. Take away his headers and mid pipe and that car should still be well over 500 HP. I just dont think the power that I will lose by staying legal is enough to make it worth the head ache at smog time. I just wish I had felt that way before I did the mods. Of course I did the mods in another state where the rules werent quite so strict.

• Sponsors (?)

saleen137 said:
Seriously i'm not going to bother taking all my stuff off and put it back on when it's time to smog. On the supra it wont pass because of the exhaust. We removed all cats and just have a straight pipe. The saleen is going to get some major work done in a couple of months and i'm going to replace the whole exhaust along with new headers, cams, and new heads. I just went around places and i found a place that will pass me it's going to cost but it'll save me the trouble.
well, if you ever get pulled over for emissions, i feel sorry for you. you will have to go to a referee, and the referee wont just pass you car for some extra cash. and if you ever get caught in one of the emissions checkpoints, you are uber screwed because they make you put the car on a smog dyno, run a test, and they have BAR technicians look all over your car.
EDIT: actually i dont feel sorry for you. if you want to be a dumbass and take off your required emissions components feel welcome to. you can still make plenty of power with the stock midpipe. unless you are making 600+flywheel horsepower keep the cats on.

Seriously. I put cats on my Pro Chamber when I was in NY because is a state trooper pulled you over for something they wouuld also check under your car with a mirrior on a pole type thing looking for cats. There were several ricers who had there cars impounded because they didnt have the proper emmissions equiptment.