Will DR's kill my rear end?

actually... i hear from chevy people all the time that the best thing on our cars is the rear end?! ... but why is it so weak then? i just dont understand how its possible to break somethgin with just 230 to the wheels?!

• Sponsors (?)

It's a crap shoot. Some guys can run for a year dumping onto slicks, some guys break their first time out.

So what if it's only 230 to the wheels. Revving the engine to 6000 and dumping the clutch onto slicks........that's a LOT of damn force.

They arent weak. Most of us are pushing the limits on our rear ends. Who ever said from the factory these cars are made for slicks and DRs?? The rear ends usually arent breaking or the gears arent snapping. It is the tiny axels that are snapping. They arent made for high REV launching on track tires.

i broke my rear end on my 5th pass, but i was launching at 5000-5500 on nittos i broke one axle and bent the other....

i replaced the broke axle, but i couldnt figure out at the time that they other was bent....

lets just say i have mosers and a 31 spline trac-lok awaiting install...

you got to pay to play, but im almost running 12s with 3 real hp mods and street tires