Will I be unhappy with 3 chamber flows?

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
I want to do my cat-back exhaust, currently I have the stock h pipe. If I went with 2 chamber flows cat back would it be too loud? I realize it should sound quiet next to some of your guys' exhaust, but I want to be able to easily have a conversation and listen to the radio. Do you guys recommend 2 chamber or 3 chamber. Would 2 chambers with a stock h sound quiet also? I dont want quit .. just not so loud I cant hear my passangers easily.

• Sponsors (?)

just adding a cat-back withouht a midpipe is going to be the exact same volume. Its just going to have a different tone. To add volune you have to swap midpipes. I'd go with 2 chambers, give it more of an aggressive sound, and i've got flowpaths and an off road H, and i have no problem listening to the radio, or chatting with my GF

sure it will be the same volume but the 2 chambers will drone around 2k rpm which is exactly where i cruise at.

Personally, i don't really have a problem w/ the exhaust and talking at that speed/rpm but i think she kinda likes hearing it too.

anyways, you could always go w/ a non-chambered muffler that wouldn't drone at cruising speed b/c any flows are know to. the 3 chamber would be quieter than the 2 though ... but the 2 isnt' that bad anyways...

I have 3 chambers on mine, and until a month ago I had the stock mid-pipe. It does not sound bad really, it was agressive yet subtle at the same time. I do like the sound of 2-chambers more, simply because they are louder, and more agressive, but the 3s are nice, and arent so loud they are obnoxious.

You will pick up a little bit of volume with 2 chambers on a stock mid pipe, but not much. And it definitely won't be annoying or too loud.

Swap your mid pipe for an O/R one later, and that's a different story.

I had 3 chamber flows on my car for a few months. They were a little more aggresive than stock but not by much. I took em out b/c i was looking for somehting louder. If youre lookiing to buy 3chamber catback i have mine for sale, just pm me.

Will you be unhappy with 3 chambers? Well I guess that all depends on you and your tastes.

There are many exhaust combos that will let you carry on a conversation or listen to the radio no problem. I can do that in my car with stock headers, off road H-pipe and 40 series dumped.