Will I lose power going from prochamber to x-pipe

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
Ok guys first off, I DID SEARCH BEFORE I DECIDED TO POST A NEW THREAD. I just wasn't finding the answers I was looking for. Right now I have a mac prochamber and dynomax bullet race mufflers. I am getting MAC Long tubes very soon. I need a new mid-pipe and I just can't seem to find a used prochamber for long-tubes for cheap. Should I go with an offroad X pipe? I know straight through mufflers work good with x-pipes so it is either an x-pipe or another prochamber. I also want LOUDER, my setup is too quiet right now and I know LT's will help out WOT, but what about idle? If I go with an X, would the idle be a little louder? My main question is, switching from a prochamber to a mac offroad x pipe.. will I lose any power? Like a significant amount? Also.. will other brands of x-pipes for longtubes work with the MAC Longtubes? (i.e. Pypes)... Thanks to anyone who replies/helps.

• Sponsors (?)

You will gain power from going to the longtubes, and lose a little by going back to the X-pipe, but it probably won't be noticable. The Prochamber will make it a hair quieter. Unfortunately, it is unlikely you will find anyone on this board that has actual dyno information from personal experience. You will just have to rely on information from magazines and such.

Kurt

For what it's worth guys, although a ProChamber isn't a traditional X-pipe, It’s still classified as such and it does work in the same fashion with regards to a centre cross over It’s closer to being an X-pipe than an H-pipe regardless.

That being said, the differences in sound and performance won’t be significantly different. If you can get an X-pipe for less than the cost of cutting and welding your ProChamber, then go for it. Otherwise, you're not gaining anything by going from the ProChamber to a traditional X-pipe.

The MAC LTs will only go to a MAC mid-pipe/ BBK only to BBK and so on...at least that's what the tech guys at those companies said. I think every LT company has the collectors at slightly different lengths so you have to buy their x-pipe/h-pipe/whatever or modify what you have or what you want. Its smart marketing, but doesn't help us out much does it? I ran into this problem and just went with all MAC...been grinning ever since!

BnGRacing said:
The MAC LTs will only go to a MAC mid-pipe/ BBK only to BBK and so on...at least that's what the tech guys at those companies said. I think every LT company has the collectors at slightly different lengths so you have to buy their x-pipe/h-pipe/whatever or modify what you have or what you want. Its smart marketing, but doesn't help us out much does it? I ran into this problem and just went with all MAC...been grinning ever since!

i don't think that's completly true. a lot of guys have mixed and matched, it's always better to stick to one brand but they do work well together.

PS, ARED95GT, i'll take the prochamber off your hands so you can buy the x-pipe. let me know

The longtubes will make your car quieter as will the x-pipe.

with mac longtubes, dr.gas x, and magnaflow catback I can barely hear my car when it is idleing.

If you want louder stay with shorty headers, your prochamber and switch to a chambered mufflers.

as far as performance I picked up 9 hp and 12 ft. lb's switching from an offroad h and flowmasters to dr. gas x and magnaflows, also had the longtubes on both setups.