Roush Will I reach my goal?

Hello everyone!

I am planning to do the mods below and my goal is 400rwhp..so my question is: providing that my car dynos 300rwhp now, with the mods below...will I reach my goal? if not..how close will I be? Also important to note that I have a 2002 s281sc w/series 2 SC.

Chicane pulley
Chicane rip kit
Chicane intercooler
cobra mass air meter
stage 1 or 2 cams
Mac Ceramic coated long tube headers
Dr Gas ceramic coated off road x pipe
Gords heat exchanger
focus pump
injectors (whatever size is needed)
Dyno Tune w/93 octane gas

My goal is to get to 400 rwhp without swapping out the blower for a kenne bell or a series 4 saleen sc :D

• Sponsors (?)

That is weird your car only dynoed at 300rwhp. What elevation are you at? I am 5500 feet up when the car was dynoed it was corrected to be 320rwhp with 91 octance, 66mm pulley, bassani off road pipe, and Demolet Tunable Induction CAI. I also have the series 2 blower and I have yet to do the Chicane intercooler. Just thought I would put my input. I was also at 340rwtq.

My bad, I thought you had those mods. Guess I should pay more attention to detail. Well at least you know what my car dynoed with a pulley, off-road pipe, and intake. Not as good as I thought it would but oh well. The pipe sounds good and intake lets the blower scream. As for numbers gain. Not all that impressed.

01GreenSaleenSC said:
My bad, I thought you had those mods. Guess I should pay more attention to detail. Well at least you know what my car dynoed with a pulley, off-road pipe, and intake. Not as good as I thought it would but oh well. The pipe sounds good and intake lets the blower scream. As for numbers gain. Not all that impressed.

Ok so here is where I get confused... if you dyno'ed 340 with just a pulley, off road pipe and an intake...would it not be reasonable to assume that you would dyno 30 - 40 rwhp higher with the additions of ceramic coated LT's and ceramic coated X pipe , intercooler and a tune? I can't believe that with the addition of thos 4 things, that only 10 more whp whould be produced??

ok I gave in!

SatinSilverStan said:
Hello everyone!

I am planning to do the mods below and my goal is 400rwhp..so my question is: providing that my car dynos 300rwhp now, with the mods below...will I reach my goal? if not..how close will I be? Also important to note that I have a 2002 s281sc w/series 2 SC.

Chicane pulley
Chicane rip kit
Chicane intercooler
cobra mass air meter
stage 1 or 2 cams
Mac Ceramic coated long tube headers
Dr Gas ceramic coated off road x pipe
Gords heat exchanger
focus pump
injectors (whatever size is needed)
Dyno Tune w/93 octane gas

My goal is to get to 400 rwhp without swapping out the blower for a kenne bell or a series 4 saleen sc :D

I found an awesome Series 4 SC group buy on http://www.mustangforums.com/forumid_210/tt.htm ...I ended up getting it shipped to me w/ an 8 & 12 psi pulley for about $1,100 dollors under retail :nice: So at least now my 400 whp goals will be a little easier!

That is a good deal to get the Series 4 that cheap. Before you install you should read up and see if that intercooler sucks like the series 2 does. If it does since you got it cheap spend the 700 and get the chicane. You still saved yourself 400 if you did that. If not then you got a good S/C with a good intercooler. Myself as soon as I can if I can get a series 4 for cheap I will if not, then I am gonna go KB. Good luck man, let me know how it turns out.

I would not worry about hp numbers so much when i put my s4 blower on i wanted to break into the 11's and thats what i did 11.9 at 114.8 i did it with stock mufflers and no headers just a xpipe with cats. i did it with 375 to the wheels. I beat lots of cars with more dyno hp so its so relative. Ive seen a auto car with s2 run 12.2 at 111mph. Now the s4 can make 400hp with the chicane intercooler upgrade

Disco said:
I would not worry about hp numbers so much when i put my s4 blower on i wanted to break into the 11's and thats what i did 11.9 at 114.8 i did it with stock mufflers and no headers just a xpipe with cats. i did it with 375 to the wheels. I beat lots of cars with more dyno hp so its so relative. Ive seen a auto car with s2 run 12.2 at 111mph. Now the s4 can make 400hp with the chicane intercooler upgrade

Was your car completely stock besides the series 4?

completely

Yes it was mods were 75mm tb 90mm mass 42's focus pump, chicane pulley. 373's mickey t's et streets skinnies too stock manifolds stock cat back high flow x pipe thats it. my tune with 14 deg timing and af about 11.6 average on the street. Here is the ironic part of i will admit i have never done this on a customer car but to my own i always had a ticking in the car after blower install. Thats because when i put it on a factory injector fell into pass next to last intake port and i closed the thing up and raced it for a year. it finally melted and took out a valve and beat up a piston so i fixed the valve and through it back together and it runs fine.

hmm well it is nice to see that you had some good times at the strip...sorry to hear about the valve and the piston... The series 4 intercooler I thought was suppose to be better then the series 2...I was planning on having the gaps between the IC and the manifold taken care and call it a day...as I believe that is the major benefit to getting the chicane IC ....

so I plan to add the same mods you have listed above except the exhaust and the 3.73's . I am going to put on some ceramic coated long tubes & off road X pipe(ceramic coated as well) and a 12psi pulley.

So I hope the intercooler work and additional mods will put me at 400 to the wheels safely.

if it was me i would not do the long tubes not worth the gains for the money i dont even have them on our shop 03 kb cobra that makes 600hp plus. Anyway i had done one of joe's intercooler swaps back in i think late jan or feb. it was a quick project he had the chicane pulley and mass air and injectors and when i tuned it it made 381hp to the wheels we added the upgraded intercooler and he had bassani mid lengths and just a quick dyno pull it made 399or 398hp to the wheels. I did not do a retune because of time restraints but soon plan too. I believe that car had about 14 degrees of timing in it. So if you add the intercooler you will be there no doubt. I noticed my ic temps on my personal car was around 150- 160 after hitting on it in the hot summer a few times. so at those temps the car will retard timing.