Will it fit?

I am not intending to do this, but I have a '77 Lincoln Continental sitting in my yard and I was just wondering if the Ford 460 will fit under the hood of a '87-'93 Mustang? I am just curious as to if anyone has tried it. I've never seen it done.

By the way, the Lincoln that I have is for sale. As I said before it is a 1977 Lincoln Continental Towncar sedan with 25,000 actual miles on it. I just changed the factory tires less than a year ago. Only problems is it has some body damage where a deer ran into the passenger side of it, and it needs a new battery. A body shop estimated the damage as $1,200 worth, but I don't want to spend that to fix it. I will get pics if anyone wants to see it. It is near mint on the inside.

• Sponsors (?)

Rideredder said:
I am not intending to do this, but I have a '77 Lincoln Continental sitting in my yard and I was just wondering if the Ford 460 will fit under the hood of a '87-'93 Mustang? I am just curious as to if anyone has tried it. I've never seen it done.

By the way, the Lincoln that I have is for sale. As I said before it is a 1977 Lincoln Continental Towncar sedan with 25,000 actual miles on it. I just changed the factory tires less than a year ago. Only problems is it has some body damage where a deer ran into the passenger side of it, and it needs a new battery. A body shop estimated the damage as $1,200 worth, but I don't want to spend that to fix it. I will get pics if anyone wants to see it. It is near mint on the inside.

Is it doable, why yes.....yes it is......

1111.jpg

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 58
Yes, it's been done a bunch and the conversion stuff is pretty available. No reason not to, unless gas mileage is an issue. It's a pretty easy way to run low 11's or 10's on motor all day, for a good bracket car.