Wheels-Tires Will It Fit?

joetrainer31

15 Year Member
Mar 31, 2013
SC
I have a '90 notch. I'm interested in 15x10 prostars in the back and 15x8 in the front. The stock tires size for that year was P225 /60VR15. I'd like to retain the same sidewall height as the original size (obviously a larger tire will be need to accomplish this), using the weld rims. Will the rear rims/tires fit inside the wheel well? I'm not interested in a dumb Cheby giant, wheel-well hating tire sticking out.

This car is intended for daily street use w/a little extra fun.

Thanks much!

• Sponsors (?)

Fox axle length? If so get the wheel with a 6.5" backspacing and it will fit. Depending on tire/suspension you might have to roll the fender and possibly use a hammer for the wheel wells. But if it's stock springs you shouldn't have any issues at all

Fox axle length? If so get the wheel with a 6.5" backspacing and it will fit. Depending on tire/suspension you might have to roll the fender and possibly use a hammer for the wheel wells. But if it's stock springs you shouldn't have any issues at all
Yes, fox axle length. Now that I look at options I think I'm going with Summit's version of prostars. They are only a couple of pounds heavier, and cost half as much. I don't need a "Weld" center cap to be okay.

I called a local tire shop about wheel sizes/fitment. Concerning the Summit version wheels (with 0.00mm offset), they advised 15x10 wheels with 5.50 backspacing & 265/50/15 to fit under wheel & retain stock ride height. For the front, they advised 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing & 235/50/15 to retain stock ride height.

I have no quad shocks. My control arms are aftermarket tube design. Any issues before I purchase? Thanks for all the help, A5literman.

15x10 with 6.5" BS is the correct fitment. 5.5 would stick out of the quarter panels. 275/50-15 would be close to the correct height. Also, 235/50 and 265/50 are not at all the same height. This tire shop's recommendations are suspect.

Reactions: 1 users