Will make you laugh!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd toss the b/s flag if I had one,
anyways- 270hp, 0-60 in 6.5 secs, 1/4 in 14.8 @96mph.... I know plenty of mustangs that cant do that.

I was just going to say that. As full of :bs: as this guy might have been, the sad truth is that a the bone stock luxury sedan it is would probably be more than a match for a stock Fox body......especially if someone were foolish enough to run them from a roll. :(
Who would but that much money into an Altima and there is no way to have two superchargers on the Altima or any car period.
Oh, how wrong you are....
Ford's own Mach III concept was built with twin Eatons on it originally.

Another Twin Supercharged car....

302W powered Thunderbird Turbo coupe with two 3.8L Supercouple Eaton M90's on it....:nice:

sctc4.jpg

sctc2.jpg

Attachments

• sctc4.jpg
    sctc4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 36
  • sctc2.jpg
    sctc2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 41
as full of :bs: as this guy might have been, the sad truth is that a the bone stock luxury sedan it is would probably be more than a match for a stock Fox body......especially if someone were foolish enough to run them from a roll. :(

That's what I keep trying to tell people but i only get laughed at. 14 seconds is plenty capable by quite a few 4-door sedans these days. The new G35 4-door is capable of high 13's. It's not ricer-speak..it's reality. I've seen the slips and vids posted.

Do you really think that the motor can handle 30 psi? It would't last a month. Plus if he had the money why wouldn't he start with a 350Z? He told me he had a GT-R on order. I beat him the month before in my turbo jetta. 480 Rwhp? How many of you guys out there are in that range? My one Notch is 230 rwhp and the other 5.0 is 388 rwhp.

I don't think we are disputing that the guy is a cornhole. I doubt he had more than a stock Altima there. He was probably telling you BS anyway just to rile you up. I once told a guy i had twin tornados on my car and they gave me 50 HP. I know it's BS, the other guy knew it was BS...but it was funny to be "that guy" for a change rather than listening it. Me and my buddies do it all the time saying we have a 400HP shot of nitrous, or a Stage 69 turbo charger kit or some other BS like that on the Mustang we are in when we pull next to some ricer. Maybe he was just having fun with you?

There's been a little confusion. I drive a 93 Camry, 193K on the clock, air blows ice cold, every day to work. My 94 Carolla had 269K on the clock when it passed away last year, still getting 28 mpg. I doubt highly my LX coulda, or woulda, done that, I wouldn't ask it to have. We used to go every year to Road America, to watch Geoff Brabham tear the chit out of the American cars with his GTP-ZX(a Nissan with true stones). I love the new Altima, looks awesome, and runs its ass off, and prolly will for many, many years. If I bought a pickup today, it'd be Tacoma 4 door 4X4. But, in 87/88, when I hit US30 with my new, speed density, 3.08 geared, silenced, factory h-piped LX hatch, we ran low 14's regularly, on VR's, a notoriously crappy tire. A stock 5.0, 20+ years later, tired and unbuilt, with a clod behind the wheel, would get walked by one of these, I have no question, especially if you spooled the Nissan up. But, back in the day, when we first raced these cars, they weren't the slouch all the younger guys seem to believe them to have been- and were dirt cheap. Soma you guys shoulda been there when the 5.0 rep was made, before you think what they are now, is what they were, when they dropped like the bomb on Hiroshima on the industry. Ahh, the good old days...:nice:..and racing ain't done "from a roll", thats a crutch used by real non-drivers, to remove the only driver oriented skill from racing. Getting out of the hole is where a driver makes the difference. Kids today, I'll tellya.

The guy in his 40's with a race Altima spent a LOT of time in his 20's getting his ass handed to him by 5.0's, and was trying to make it all go away by wasting a pile of $ on his latest wanna be race car. Altima's are great DD's, but not a race car. Many people haven't learned, it was this way back then, in the 5.0's new days, too. Nobody said we were fast, but everyone compared themselves to the 5.0. "Its faster than a 5.0!", who hasn't heard that? Its good to be the king.

he was prolly an IROC guy back in the day lol

Because we are younger, and newer cars run stronger than stock fox's, we get the response... "Kids today, I'll tellya" We happen to know what fox's can and can't do, and what they did for modern performance cars, but there are a LOT of family/luxury cars today that make them look slow in stock form.

Because we are younger, and newer cars run stronger than stock fox's, we get the response... "Kids today, I'll tellya" We happen to know what fox's can and can't do, and what they did for modern performance cars, but there are a LOT of family/luxury cars today that make them look slow in stock form.

No, brother, you don't get the response "Kids today" cuz you're younger and newer cars run stronger. You had to be there, when Fox's were new, to know what they did stock. Unless you found one in the back of a showroom somewhere, never used(or used up, as they all are by now). Stock parts, now, still isn't factory fresh, with the stickers in the windows. They were better than the articles everyone reads, in magazines with drivers who never took the time to learn how to make them RUN, like only an owner can. Not a lot better, but a couple thenths-and the speed density cars ran better than the MAF cars, close to stock, so the newer you got, the slower they went. Your car is real close to stock, look what that bad boy does! But the bigger issue is, for how much? My first was $11,080, Dick James Ford, South Holland, Il, Dec 23, 1987. For the cash these newer cars cost, they BETTER run circles around a $11,000 car, 2,3, times more $-many are more than that. I know I wouldn't mix it up with a new Altima, or an Acura, a proper Toyota, anymore, but for what they cost, I'da never been embarassed.

My first was $11,080, Dick James Ford, South Holland, Il, Dec 23, 1987. For the cash these newer cars cost, they BETTER run circles around a $11,000 car, 2,3, times more $-many are more than that. I know I wouldn't mix it up with a new Altima, or an Acura, a proper Toyota, anymore, but for what they cost, I'da never been embarassed.

But how old were these $11K Mustangs? 20 years ago? Back then $6000 could buy you a brand new car off a dealer lot. Back the, the person driving the altima was probably in elementary school. I know I was.

Comparing a car that cost $11K 20 years ago against a $30K car today is a poor arguement. How much is a new Mustang GT? Well equipped, expect to spend $30K for a nicely equipped GT.

I don't think vehicle cost is a worthwhile arguement in any situation. You buy the car you buy for your own reasons..and not all of them are about being the fastest. I hate hearing the "mine is better because I didn't spend XXX amount of money for it arguement". I'm sure the guy driving around in a $29K altima with Nav, HID, heated seats, bluetooth, 6-disk changer, leather, 270HP and a full factory warranty is saying to himself "damn, i should have bought a $3K 20-year old fox body instead"

I don't think vehicle cost is a worthwhile arguement in any situation. You buy the car you buy for your own reasons..and not all of them are about being the fastest. I hate hearing the "mine is better because I didn't spend XXX amount of money for it arguement". I'm sure the guy driving around in a $29K altima with Nav, HID, heated seats, bluetooth, 6-disk changer, leather, 270HP and a full factory warranty is saying to himself "damn, i should have bought a $3K 20-year old fox body instead"

Don't go there Mike.....don't you remember where this train of thought got me in 5.0L Talk a couple of weeks ago? :D

Do you really think that the motor can handle 30 psi? It would't last a month. Plus if he had the money why wouldn't he start with a 350Z? He told me he had a GT-R on order. I beat him the month before in my turbo jetta. 480 Rwhp? How many of you guys out there are in that range? My one Notch is 230 rwhp and the other 5.0 is 388 rwhp.

You keep talking about how stupid this guy is for saying he has 480 RWHP. Either you can't see the forest for the trees (you're worried about the seemingly outlandish numbers when we've told you that the car is FRONT wheel drive) or you don't know what RWHP means. Unless I've been seriously mislead for a long long time as to the meaning of this specific acronym, an Altima has 0 RWHP.

I don't know how many of you have driven a 3.5 liter Altima, but I have. I'd like to buy one as a daily driver when my 4Runner finishes its race. I test drove it twice, and the sales man kept telling me that the 2.5 was a nice car, but the 3.5 was just a flat out speed purposed rocket. He told me that 5 or 6 times. When I drove it, I drove it like it was mine, I didn't rev up then drop the clutch or red line it. I gently drove away from the stop light, and shifted when the engine sounded like it was ready to shift. I'm figuring that was around 3000 RPM, but honestly, I wasn't watching the tach. The car felt quick for a daily driver, and I really want one. In the right hands, I'm sure it would beat me in my stock Mustang. According to my seat of the pants dyno however, with drivers being equal, it would not beat my stock 5.0.

03/04 Cobra cant take 30psi on stock internals (crank and block can) and as much as I love the engine its not the best that exists.

That being said, the Koenisegg CCX has twin s/c from the factory and it just happens to be a Ford 4.6 DOHC engine :nice:
koenigsegg_ccxr_2008_1d.jpg