Will my 255lph pump be enough?

Right now I have a Walbro 255lph inline fuel pump and its fine for my current setup which is a stock block with Edelbrock heads, performer intake, and an e-cam. However I am getting a Novi1000 in the near future and will be running 5-6psi or boost. Will my 255 be good enough or will I need to run dual pumps?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on Hp level

You can't really get too much fuel pump unless you are talking about the $$$ expense, or possible noise. The return line takes car of extra flow/pressure.
Here are some recommendations that I worked out according to formulas I found in Four Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell. Running at 80% of plump capacity helps ensure a long life from the pump. Hp is considered at the flywheel.

_____________________80% of Max______80% of Max

Ford EFI Options_______N/A Limit________Boost Limit
110 lph________________240 hp__________200 hp
155 lph________________340 hp__________280 hp
190 lph________________420 hp__________340 hp
255 lph________________560 hp__________460 hp

Not a major factor, but worth considering…
Also consider that a dramatically oversized pump will push large quantities of fuel through the fuel system and back via the return line. This process will add extra heat to the fuel which will lower its density. This is probably not an issue for otherwise healthy computer controlled efi motors, since the O2 sensor will help the computer to adjust the injector duration. This could however lead to increased wear on the injectors/pump/hoses of the fuel system.

You should be fine but I would liek to see a 255 high pressure pump since boost will raise the fuel pressure a little (fpr's are boost sensetive so they raise the psi 1:1) or if you're running an FMU the fuel pressure will probably spike 70+ psi depending how much boost you see and what FMU disk you have. You can also get a bleeder valve to tune the FMU.