will my crappy street tires hook up better at the track???

• Sponsors (?)

Usually a good track will let you hook up a little better...but on street tires, it isn't going to help much. I actually hook up better on the street than I do at the track with my street tires. With any sort of street only tire, the chances of hooking up better are just about as good as hooking up worse.

Drag radials or slicks are advised for some seriously solid launches at the track ( and the DRs give you street legal launches on the road).

Well i wont be burning out, my rear end is broken so i can get only 1 tire spinning, i could get 2 but it was take too long and be too hard.

So i will drive past the water box, i dont want one wet tire and one dry one...

I think it really depends on what track you go to. At my track, I hooked up much better than on the street. The lack of surface imperfections and the addition of VHT (a must) helped me hook better…and more consistently. I had no problems cutting 2.0x 60's stock.

I dont agree with those that claim the street hooks better. I for one practiced a few times on the street and watched my 245/45/17 Falkens spin at half throttle in 1st and all through second (didnt even think of a powershift). Then I got to the track and was able to cut a bunch of 2.0 60's and by halfway through first my foot was to the floor and only spun a little in 2nd with a good powershift. Maybe they had good track prep that day, but I can say from what I saw the track hooked MUCH better than any street I have ever tried to launch on!