will not idle

fox92

Sep 18, 2010
i have a 92 gt. it also has underdrive pullys. it ran fine win i first got it and i decided to remove the smog pump. i removed it and cut the lines off the back of the heads and folded and welded them. upon start up it was running rough and rich, it would burn my eyes. i found the center of the distributor cap stuck on the rotor button. replaced the cap and button and still ran rough. replaced the tps and iac and now it would idle at all but i can keep it going if i give it gas, but once i let off it dies. no cel untill it dyes. i just pluged the vaccum lines for the smog pump. i sprayed carb cleaner thinking that it had a vaccum leak and found nothing. any ideas.

• Sponsors (?)

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. Everything you need to find and fix idle problems is in there.

The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.

no i didnt set the tps voltage, and dont no how, sorry im so stupid but can you tell me how. im a begginer with mustangs so it would be cool to cut me some slack

If there is not a TPS code (you need to retrieve codes first - which is part of JRichker's checklist IIRC), you should not need to 'adjust' the TPS.