Will Patriot 99-01 heads direct swap for 96-98 Cobras?

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by BensBACobra, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Looking at stage 1 patriot heads for my 97, are they a direct bolt on swap?

2. No you have to change a decent amount of parts to run tumble port style heads on 96-98 cobras.

3. soooo what youre saying is, its probably not worth it.

4. Like what if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
    ej

5. For all the money you would put into buying 99+ heads, intake, ect.. I think it would be cheaper and just as effective power wise to have your heads sent out to high quality machine shop and have them ported.

6. This is what I had to do when I swapped over two years ago:

For the fuel system I used my original 96 rails, had the mounting brackets cut off and re-welded on so they would bolt up to a 99+ manifold.
    Other stuff you will need: a 99+ intake manifold and tube, 99+ throttle body and cruise control cables, exhaust manifolds, a chip or tuner burned to turn off the IMRCs, modify the vacuum lines, lenghten some of engine wiring harness wires, a set of 99+ valve covers(you can run 96-98s but the fittment around the throttle body is very snug), a 99+ coolant crossover tube with an extra bung welded into to run the ECT and temp sender, and you may possibly need a new midpipe, my 96-98 bbk o/r H did not fit the 99+ exhaust manifolds so I got a 99+ VRS o/r X.