Digital Tuning Will SCT iTSx work with 96 Cobra

Spiney

Oct 18, 2011
Wyomissing PA
I want to order a tuner from American Muscle. I wanted to get the SCT iTsx tuner for use with an iPad or iPhone. I called SCT 2 different times and got conflicting answers. I want to use it with a 96 Cobra. I called because my concern was would the performance tests works with the 96 because it has a mechanical odometer Speedometer not electronic like the 97-up. One tech told me no problem. A few months later I called again to make sure, I called on Friday. The tech told me that it won't even Flash my car, it's too old and to buy the basic handheld Tuner. That will save me $100 but I won't get the fun apps or the data logging and be able to read the air fuel mixture etc. So has anyone used the iTsx with a 96 Mustang? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

• Sponsors (?)

The best answer I can give you is send American Muscle an email. I had a similar question and they had a BAMA tech contact me. It was an easy and great experiance, but it took some time for the AM and the BAMA tech to get in touch with me.

I want to order a tuner from American Muscle. I wanted to get the SCT iTsx tuner for use with an iPad or iPhone. I called SCT 2 different times and got conflicting answers. I want to use it with a 96 Cobra. I called because my concern was would the performance tests works with the 96 because it has a mechanical odometer Speedometer not electronic like the 97-up. One tech told me no problem. A few months later I called again to make sure, I called on Friday. The tech told me that it won't even Flash my car, it's too old and to buy the basic handheld Tuner. That will save me $100 but I won't get the fun apps or the data logging and be able to read the air fuel mixture etc. So has anyone used the iTsx with a 96 Mustang? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

Email me at [email protected] , I may be able to answer your questions a little better LOL