Digital Tuning Will SCT iTSx work with 96 Cobra

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Spiney, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Spiney

Spiney New Member

I want to order a tuner from American Muscle. I wanted to get the SCT iTsx tuner for use with an iPad or iPhone. I called SCT 2 different times and got conflicting answers. I want to use it with a 96 Cobra. I called because my concern was would the performance tests works with the 96 because it has a mechanical odometer Speedometer not electronic like the 97-up. One tech told me no problem. A few months later I called again to make sure, I called on Friday. The tech told me that it won't even Flash my car, it's too old and to buy the basic handheld Tuner. That will save me $100 but I won't get the fun apps or the data logging and be able to read the air fuel mixture etc. So has anyone used the iTsx with a 96 Mustang? Thanks, Spiney-Dave
  2. Jhussey1280

Jhussey1280 Member

The best answer I can give you is send American Muscle an email. I had a similar question and they had a BAMA tech contact me. It was an easy and great experiance, but it took some time for the AM and the BAMA tech to get in touch with me.
  3. 2002BLGT

2002BLGT Well-Known Member

Email me at [email protected] , I may be able to answer your questions a little better LOL