Will stock 2005 GT wheels fit on a stock 1967?

4-Eyed Fox

Feb 27, 2007
Los Angeles
I recently purchased a 1967 mustang off a friend that came with three flat tires. I have access to a set of 2005 mustang rims that I want to put on, will these fit correctly as the offset and backspacing vary?

Thanks,
4-eyed Fox

• Sponsors (?)

So no go as a long term solution, will they work as a way to make the car roll a bit easier? Right now I'm leaving skid marks wherever I push it.

I can borrow them for free if they will work until I get the proper rims and tires.

use these to bolt the late model wheels on the early car;

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/5450-5450.htm

measure carefully, but i think the 1.25" ones will work fine. as i recall the late model wheels have a backspacing of 5.75", and you want something more like 4.5" to fit the 17" wheels.

The 1.5" spacers BARELY cleared the upper control arm on the Cougar. The 05+ backspacing is different then the earlier modular ones. I've got a set of Mach 1 Magnum 500s on my Mustang and only needed a 1" spacer.

You can use them with wheel adapters (not spacers). Wheel adapters are bolted to the wheel using the existing wheel studs. The adapter has it's own set of studs for mounting the wheel. You need to calculate the thickness of the wheel adapter so that you end up with 4 3/4" backspacing if it's a 17x8 wheel. If it's a different size wheel, get the correct backspacing from Dodgstang's chart.

I ran late model 17x8 wheels without a problem using a 1" wheel adapter up front.

Wheel spacer, the final frontier

The wheels bolted right up to the rear, but the front is gonna need a adapter. Since the new rims have a backspacing of around 6.3 inches I think that I'm gonna get the 1.5" adapter to put me at about 4.8 inches of backspace. I have seen wheels for the '67 with backspacing values of 4.5 and 5 inches so I think the adapter should make it work. Does this logic work or am I doing fuzzy math?

Thanks all for the information,
4-eyed fox

your right with the math... what rims are they?

like this?

thisonerz1.jpg

Not sure if I'll need to roll the front fenders, but the back seem to fit fine. I got the adapters on order so I'll update photo when I get them. Attached is a photo of wheels on back of car.

All the best,
4-eyed Fox

Attachments

• 67 wheels.jpg
    67 wheels.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,280