Will the 65 Shelby Dash Pod fit in a 66 ?

Branda's website says the the 1965 Shelby dash pod (containing a tach and oil pressure gauge which sits on top of the dashpad ) won't fit the 1966 dash pad without modification.

Has anybody done this 65 Shelby pod into a 66 car - was it a success ?

Alternatively has anybody purchased a JME gauge setup recently - I'm told there has been a delay of 'months' in filling orders.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I bought it from Clifornia Mustang years ago. It's not bad but for the 6 yrs it was in the Florida sun the back side warped. I bought the guages seperately (tach & vaccum). I'll buy another some time soon and brace it with fiberglass prior to install. Still worth the $20 I paid at the time.

I also have a 66 with the pod from Branda and there isnt much in the way of mods to make it fit. I would though take the time and decide how you are going to mount it to your dash securely. I have a new dash and would like to hear from you guys that have installed one as to how you attached it? I am about to install new gauges and get rid of the white faces to go back to black so I want to do all of this at one time and would like to hear ideas.
View attachment 323282

i also used the pod from branda in my 65... i fastened it with 2 oval head sheetmetal screws with trim washers on top, and across the bottom i fabbed a stiffening strap from 20 gauge sheetmetal 1/2" wide, to pull the lower edge of the pod up tight. this is then screwed down with the same type of screws and washers as the top, only much longer, (2", iirc) as you need to go through the dashpadding.

Yes, Its a monster tach and it went in very easy. I am actually replacing it with the more period correct 5" from sunpro below and will be going to back to black faced gauges. I used the expandable foam to hold it in and then used the same method described about to mount it to the dash. Has anyone found a good chrome paint I could repaint the factory dash bezels with. Obviously would like to brush it on....TIA
View attachment 323108

Visibility out of the windshield??

Having never sat in a car with this set-up, is there much of a loss of visibilty?

Long shot here, but if anyone in the Spokane WA area sees this, and has this set-up, PM me please. I'd like to see it in person before buying one.

TIA
Kevin