will the predator tuner really help?

im thinking about trading some extra rims of mine for this guys predator tuner. i have mac h-pipe, flows, CAI, what i want to know is will it really help out that much, is it worth it? and how will i know how to adjust timing, air fuel stuff, will it do it for me or do i? i just dont want to screw everything up on the car. and do i have to use 91 octane with this? please tell me your opinons. --brad

• Sponsors (?)

First off, get some gears. One of THE best mods for your stang. 3.73's, 4.10's or 4.30's should be the only question you have. Do a search and ask some other stangers, if you know any with gears, to take a ride or drive thier cars.

As far as the predator goes, is it worth it. I think it is, others will say to wait untill you do more mods. I like my predator. A little on the SOTP meter, better throttle response, it adjusted my speedo for my gears, turned off the dash light for the O/R prochamber and it does other stuff that I haven't played with much. Adjusting A/F is best left alone unless you have a dyno tuner with you. You can adjust the timing and a few other things without doing much potential damage to your car. The instruction booklet is detailed and the menu screen is easy to navigate. And yes you have to run higher grade gas, unless you install the predator performance tune and then pull timing, which doesn't really make sense to me, but whatever. I think that covers your questions. Think of more and keep asking. I don't have or know much about Xcals but they seem popular also.

I had the predator tune awhile back and I felt an SOTP difference when pushing on the throttle. Near flooring my automatic, I saw my RPM guage hit all the way up to 5,000rpms in a matter of about a couple seconds which is something not possible on the stock tune.

I recently changed to the Superchips Tune and I'm personally happier with it as my idling is better, and I feel a bigger power delivery, but it's just my opinion.

I think the predator is worth it even if you just run the factory HP tune(your factory tune) and max the timing on that. You can then use other features, too, such as recalibrating for gears, turning off O2 sensors and turning off traction control. You can also monitor and log information.

I personally found better performance just maxing timing on the factory HP tune. The predator tune seemed to hinder my performance. I don't think its possible to create a generic tune for such a wide range of mods and expect it to work for everyone. I have Dragon Plenum/75mm TB, JLT intake, MAC Prochamber, MAC Catback and Tri-Ax shifter.

Just my experience...definitely worth it.

Yes. I just installed the accufab 75mm TB and plenum. Im going to cincinnati to a diablo dealer to get a custom tune done on a dyno. They will make a specific tune for my car while running on the dyno then load it to my predator. That way I know my air to fuel ratio is good to go. I need a custom tune. Im sure Im running lean with my mods. Get it you wont be sorry. Plus its can act as a code scanner on all 96 and up fords. It also does data logging too. Turns off o2 sensors for off road pipe and fixes speed-o for gear changes. :nice: :nice: