will these work w/stock shocks & strutts

rw98gt

Jun 26, 2006
peabody, ma
:SNSign: i had bought a set of used eibach sportline springs.
i was told that these will drop the car 2", but i'm concerned
about how the shocks & strutts will hold up w/these springs.
does anyone know if these springs will work w/factory
springs and shocks???:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with the above.

Always upgrade shocks and struts when lowering your car. Some people go 2000 miles without new shocks/struts when lowered, some 20,000. In the end, they will need to be replaced. Have it all done at once.

My 98, years ago, went about 6000 miles on c springs. Afterthat, they were toast and I had to upgrade.

So what the difference between a cheaper set like the Tokio blues compared to a more expensive set like Bilstein? Is there a difference in ride quality? Are they stiffer? I'll be pairing them up with a set of H&R SS springs.

So what the difference between a cheaper set like the Tokio blues compared to a more expensive set like Bilstein? Is there a difference in ride quality? Are they stiffer? I'll be pairing them up with a set of H&R SS springs.

I would say the name. If you are just driving your car around town, and an occasional track day here and there, the Tokicos will work fine. If you are into road racing for money or something, I would buy some of the more expensive ones I guess.

sorry to bring this back up but just replaced the springs in my car and i am going to get new struts and shocks and was woundering what to get.

i have h&r ss and have heard that i need a shorter strut and shock. does anyone have anymore info on this.

and are the struts and shocks on fox bodies what i need because i have heard that they are a little shorter and work better.