Will this combo hit 320 rwhp N/A

2002BLGT said:
Im sorry but what are you smoking ? ..... the car makes 255 rwhp with Y303 heads , B303 cam , 110K stock block , at 10 degrees timing ....no electric fan either .......I know the lower will restrict it some but there are plenty of people eclipsing 300 rwhp with cobra intakes out of the box .....if once its together and I feel it is holding it back alot I will be going with the edelbrock RPM 2 intake ....

Hmmm, whose smoking... I made 272 rwhp with unported E7s, stock cam, stock bottem end, Cobra intake, and bolt ons...

:D

I think 320 wouldnt be an issue, but like said above, the intake may need porting (no big deal) and the cam might not be right for the car. If your willing to rip it apart and put the right stuff in later, try it out. But its best to build a combo on paper and then in the shop, saves time and money.

• Sponsors (?)

tmoss said:
Why don't you go over to my website to the tech articles and read the newest tech article "Street Engine Intake Ramblings".

Tmoss I agree with you 100 percent .....some guys want that peak number , that doesnt concern me , how the car is going to feel when I am in traffic and some guy gets beside me and kicks it and I dont have time to downshift does .........its a 306 not a 347 for one thing so I dont think the cobra intakes going to be that much of a disadvantage , the car dynoed 255 rwhp and 286 rwtq with the cobra intake , but before that I had a typhoon intake on it , granted it would pull hard all the way to 6000 rpms it was a dog from a 2000 rpm kick , the thing wouldnt start pulling till about 3400 rpms ....it only dynoed 245 rwhp and 274 rwtq with the typhoon on on it ......I have read articles where even on 347s where the GT40 intakes are only 20 hp short on the big end but put down 30 more ft lbs at 2600-3000 rpm range to the wheels .....so I dont think on this 306 its going to kill me that bad , the staggered Stage 2 trickflow cam might have made a little difference but when I asked several people they said the difference wouldnt be enough to suffer trying to get the ECU to work with a split duration cam where as the X cam wont throw the ECU off as bad ....