Will this combo work? New cam and intake

Green94GTvert

Sep 3, 2004
My friend has a 93 Fox body with 3.55 gears, a unknown computer chip, off road h-pipe, catback, and a stock engine at the moment. The engine is definatly healthy and the car ran a 14.1 @ 96 as it sits. He has ordered the trick flow intake manifold and a comp cams xe266 camshaft. The cam specs are : lift is .544/.555 duration @ .050 is 216/224 with a 112 degree lobe seperation. My questions are first of all is this cam too big, and will we have piston to valve interferance on the stock pistons and heads? I know this was an issue in 86 fox bodys but will the stock notches in this 93 clear that big of a cam? Second is even if the cam will work and I port and gasket match the stock heads using a flow bench what can we expect for performance? Will it lose a lot of low end torque? What else should we do to the stock heads while their off? We already have to take them off for machining for new valve springs. My friend doesn't have money for aftermarket heads, so I need to know if this combo is worth putting on the car or not.

• Sponsors (?)