Will this hurt my motor????

TRIBALMAN23

Feb 23, 2008
I was wondering if i just took off my cats if that would hurt anything? Do I still need to add anything such as mils or anything? I have flows super 40's axle back with stock h pipe. If i just took off the the cats do I need to buy mils or need to buy something for the mils to hook up to?

• Sponsors (?)

I was wondering if i just took off my cats if that would hurt anything? Do I still need to add anything such as mils or anything? I have flows super 40's axle back with stock h pipe. If i just took off the the cats do I need to buy mils or need to buy something for the mils to hook up to?

Won't hurt a thing,but you will need the MILS to keep from getting the check engine light. They clip into your rear 02 sensors so you won't need anything to hook them up to. If you have a tuner such as SCT or Diablo you don't even need the mils you can just turn off your rear 02s with the tuner, all they do is moniter the cats are working anyway.:nice:

They won't hurt anything. A lot of guys are running with off road H or X pipes (off road means no cats). By the way, you don't need a MIL but if you get an off road pipe without a tuner to turn off your rear O2s you will get a MIL (MIL stands for Malfunction Indicator Light or more commonly known as a check engine light). I think you meant to say a MIL eliminator, but I have found that they never work so don't bother, get a hand held tuner instead. It costs a lot more but it is a sure way to avoid the MIL and you will get a performance benefit from it as well. :nice: