Will this work? (Flywheel)

nugget68

Sep 26, 2005
I am gathering parts for my T5 conversion, I have the trans from a 92 GT, bellhousing also from fox body. Zoom clutch that came with the trans whick is still usable. New throwout and pilot bearing. I need a flywheel. I have the one that came with the trans but I know it is wrong, 50oz imbalance. I need to know if this flywheel will mate up with my zoom clutch...
JEGS 601350 JEGS Flywheels

Thanks in advance...
Ryan

BTW...going in a 68 coupe 302...

• Sponsors (?)

thanks...i guess i need a 157...how can i tell if my zoom clutch will bolt to the flywheel? i have heard that late model clutches may have a different bolt pattern from earlier clutches...

One option you could consider is to find a "good" machine shop that can rebalance your 50oz flywheel to 28oz. I've done two this way. Especialy if the zoom clutch fits the flywheel that came with the trans. The machine shop "should" permenently stamp the flywheel so later on there will be no mistake what was done. Do a search on t5 conversion flywheel or some other varations on that and you will find lots of threads on this issue. i am partial to centerforce clutches, but if what you have is in good shape, no sense buying another. Make sure you have the flywheel resurfaced too. Just something to consider.

I found a machine shop to resurface and rebalance the flywheel for $100...probably do this since I know it will mate with the clutch and clutch is in pretty good shape, this should save a little money i guess...