will this work on our 5.0s?

i had an 01 V6. it was the biggest peice of crap if i ever saw one. i put mod after mod on, and it was still slow. So i got a 93 5.0. sooooo much better. anyway, in my 01, i took the slack out of the throttle cable so when i floored it, the TB was wide open. I put some spacers between the end of the cable and the gas pedal and it worked just fine. Will this work on a 93 as well? has anyone tried it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thnx

• Sponsors (?)

with the pedal to the floor its WOT... isn't that the way it should be?? :shrug: ... just take the air tube off the throttle body and have someone floor it (with the car not running, of course) should be wide open

ok, i was just wondering. when i had my 01 V6, there was soo much slack in the pedal from the factory, when you put the pedal all the way to the floor, the throttle blade was only like 70 percent open, which is not WOT. so i had to take some slack up out of it. but i guess the 5.0's are set up differently. i'll go and take a look at it with my homeboy. thanks

Throttle cables can stretch and just get worn out over time. If you put the pedal on the floor and it isn't at WOT, then get a cable.

You could cut out the floor pan and lower it so the pedal goes down furter making the car faster, :jester: I'm just being a smartass.

I can see a throttle cable wearing out, but not stretching, at least not with the small force applied by the throttle return. Anyway, I agree with making sure you actually have a problem before trying to fix one. Mine opens all the way even with a 177k original cable.

On a side note, I know of an '01 V6 manual Mustang that wasnt a slouch. It was a coworker's wife's showroom stock car. He took it to the drags with only 3000 miles on it and ran it like he meant it down to a 14.6. Thats 5.0 territory.