Will this work?

fstornge_04

Feb 22, 2006
Hello all,
My name is James and I am new to the 5.0 world, however not new to mustangs. I have had 3 other 4.6's to include a 04' Cobra....anyway to the nitty grittty.

I bought a 94 5.0 mostly stock in the motor area, just a CAI and full exhaust, lots of suspension upgrades....I am looking to do a full H/C/I kit, was thinking of Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Mustang 5.0L EFI Engine Kits Black, but was a little curious about the cam that comes with the kit...I have heard that the steeda #19 was a great drop in cam and that a lot of people have been having trouble with the EEC with other cams?
Will this cam work with the Twisted Wedge Kit: TFS-K514-350-370, 350hp/370ft.-lbs., kit and would it be a smart thing to do, or to just stay with the standard cam it comes with?

Also will my bottom end support this kit? Car has 127K and has a new king cobra clutch and has been very well maintained, just a little worried about the mileage and the wear and tear on the tranny.....
Any imput would be great, like I said before very new to the 5.0 world.

Thanks,:nice:
James

• Sponsors (?)

as much as ppl deny it and sh** on our trannys, mines holding up at +150K with me romping on it and slammin thru the gears left and right. I did my HCI with almost 140K and i didnt have the slightest issue, so go for it!!!
If anything, you'll be preventing any future issues by doing the work.

As far as the cam, sorry but im not familiar with it so i cant help.
G.LUCK and welcome to the 94-95 scene.

The Steeda #19 will work. And, a few people here have had it or still do.

But, I have no first hand with this cam other than reading about other's experience with it.

Most will tell you to go with a custom camshaft from Camshaft Innovations or FTI.