William

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I'm sure many of you were surprised to see me not replying to anything for the last week or so. Just wanted to let everyone know that my son was born last Friday. 9.5lb and 20" long.

Here is William

IMAG0955_zps1984cedd.jpg

Kurt

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry I don't have a better picture, but this week has been a whirlwind. 11 lbs is a doozy. They had to grab him out of there via c section. Things were not looking good for a natural delivery for us. I'm glad he is here either way. Also glad he is sleeping right now.

Kurt

:grats:

although he looks a bit like @Noobz347
Noobz Cowboy.jpg

I don't see the resemblance. :shrug:

Congrats on the spawn Revhead! I always liked them best whenever they start crawling around and getting into chit. :nice: You could do stuff to them and it would be funny! :jester:

I'm sorry I don't have a better picture, but this week has been a whirlwind. 11 lbs is a doozy. They had to grab him out of there via c section. Things were not looking good for a natural delivery for us. I'm glad he is here either way. Also glad he is sleeping right now.

Kurt

Oh I know your boy was a C because my kid wasn't coming out that route either. Sucky for the Mom but C-section kids look perfect since they don't have to go through that tunnel.

It was definitely sucky for mom. They had to cut her hip to hip to get him out. We didn't even try to get him through the tunnel. Just had a bunch of complications start to stack up towards the end of last week, and the doctor stressed the need for an urgent c section. I just heard of a friend who had a 12.4lb baby naturally at home last week. Just blown away.

Kurt

That went from talk to tech to horror really fast.
I never had a rear facing baby seat in a Fox, (had an extended cab Ranger for a while with one little one), but the booster seats work fine now the kids are bigger. Check your state laws to see if you can use the rear facing car seat up front since there are no Fox passenger front air bags.

It is highly unlikely he will travel in the Mustang anytime soon. It's just too loud and vibrates too much. We take him everywhere in the Fusion. If need be I can put him in the front seat of my F150 with the passenger side airbag turned off.

Kurt

It is highly unlikely he will travel in the Mustang anytime soon. It's just too loud and vibrates too much. We take him everywhere in the Fusion. If need be I can put him in the front seat of my F150 with the passenger side airbag turned off.

Kurt

Congrats. My first born son was 10 lbs & 22" long and was an emergency C-section after 25 hours of attempting to induce labor. My twin girls were planned C-section and 6 lbs ea & 18". Takes a strong woman to endure all that!!!

Props to the new Mom & Dad and future mustang driver!

P.S. Loud exhausts and vibration is what helps babies calm down and fall asleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Kurt, congratulations to you and your wife. You know have a bond that will last you a lifetime. If it is your first, remember not to panic and take a deep breath. Enjoy every second with your son as you will blink and he will be a grown man.

Not to tell you what to do but just some suggestions if you haven't thought about it

Have a will, POA, and medical POA made up for you and the wife with who will be guardian for your son in case something happens to you and your wife
Start saving now for his education- 529, prepaid college.
Get some life insurance for you and your wife and/or up your coverage.

Having the child is the easy part. Raising him right is the challenge.

Reactions: 1 users
Kurt, congratulations to you and your wife. You know have a bond that will last you a lifetime. If it is your first, remember not to panic and take a deep breath. Enjoy every second with your son as you will blink and he will be a grown man.

Not to tell you what to do but just some suggestions if you haven't thought about it

Have a will, POA, and medical POA made up for you and the wife with who will be guardian for your son in case something happens to you and your wife
Start saving now for his education- 529, prepaid college.
Get some life insurance for you and your wife and/or up your coverage.

Having the child is the easy part. Raising him right is the challenge.
Wise words. And also the house will stay messy until I dunno soon I hope. My 1st born will be 3 in July

Kurt

Your family just grew by two feet. Congrats! Time to be extra nice to the wife. She's been doing her part for many months and now you finally get to do your bit. I think the sleep depravation part is nature's way to make sure we don't really have a clue what's really going on. Logically none of it makes any sense? All baby's do is eat, poop and cry for a few years. But somehow it ends up feeling all worthwhile: the best thing you ever do. So go figure?

Dunno if you have any other kids, but if young William gets colic you will find that car rides (especially in the wee hours of the am) are somehow a magic cure. In that case, a cruise in loud and rumbly 'stang might be just what he needs to distract him from whatever it is that's causing his discomfort. There are other approaches that can work sometimes, like putting the kid on the dryer (important note: that's on.. not in..) and turning it on. Again the noise and motion seems to help, but not as good as car rides! So if you're up at 3am, and you need to quiet him down, it might as well be the 'stang that calms you both down and gets you back into bed.

Reactions: 1 user