windage tray! To do or not to do?

load71

Oct 28, 2004
I have my 306 out of the car, and i was thinking about installing a windage tray. The car is going to be a daily driver with track time. Is it worth the install? And if so any particular brands, how to install? Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

They are cheap and you actually will pick up hp with them. If your engine is out do one. If you were to run your engine with 4 liters of oil instead of 5 you would basically be accomplishing the same thing the windage tray is going to do for you. I have seen tests done in mustang mags simulating what the windage tray does by putting less oil in the engine and they always make more rwhp. I don't understand why anyone would recomend not getting one if you have the engine out. It is a good piece to put on any car.

They are cheap and you actually will pick up hp with them. If your engine is out do one. If you were to run your engine with 4 liters of oil instead of 5 you would basically be accomplishing the same thing the windage tray is going to do for you. I have seen tests done in mustang mags simulating what the windage tray does by putting less oil in the engine and they always make more rwhp. I don't understand why anyone would recomend not getting one if you have the engine out. It is a good piece to put on any car.

Thanks, Now that im going to get one, any particular brand makes a better one?

I don't think it matters 2 much which one you pick. I have a milidon one on my car because i have a milidon oil pan aswell. If you are going to use a stock pan talk to the suppliers about clearence issues.