Window Handles

joeythesaint

Feb 9, 2003
Seattle
I've traced one of my electrical gremlins to the heinous knot of wiring leading to the power windows. If I take out the power window fuse, the battery doesn't seem to drain overnight. Now all I need is a set of window handles.

I found these on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7968695455&category=40018&sspagename=WDVW

It says:

--

THE PART NUMBER WOULD INDICATE OTHER FORD YEARS BUT I DON'T WHICH FORDS USED THEM. THESE CAME FROM A 1983 MUSTANG BUT HAVE A 1976 PART NUMBER WHICH JUST LIKE THE MUSTANG II FROM 1974-78

PART # D5DB 6623348 AA

--

Does anyone know which years fit the II?

- JTS

• Sponsors (?)

PART # D5DB 6623348 AA

Some people :rolleyes: ....Ford has the simplest numbering system of any automaker, and sellers still get it wrong.

That's a Granada part. II handles also carry a Granada part #, but if I recall correctly, it's a D6 part. Yes, they'll work as posted above.

Update on this. Whatever window mechanisms are on my car, they are not OEM. I have no idea what kind of window cranks I need so I'm stuck with the stupid power windows.

(Found this thread researching wiring / electrical gremlins.)

Joey,

If you ever get one of those electric mechanisms out, please look for some serial numbers. I'd love to know what it came out of.

Is it a "crank" type or a cable-drive type?

I've looked at the Electric-Life retro fit power windows for the '65-'68 Mustangs, but can't tell if the scissor mechanism is close enough to the MII parts for them to swap. Probably not. Maybe the motor and gearbox could be swapped though.