Window issue

I have been searching for a decent solution for my problem window. My 1998 V6 driver side window comes off the tracks and is uneven all the time. I will have to guide it up with my hand if I dare to roll it down. The information I have gathered is the window has plastic rivets that break and have to be replaced. View attachment 152679 Who thought that was a wise idea?

This Pony has been in the family since 2000 and has had the window completely replaced multiple times in it's lifetime and it goes right back to not working shortly after. Now that it's in my hand's i'm not going to shell out the money my other family members have for the same flawed solution.

Any ideas? She needs a paint job so I was thinking about just buying another entire door and maybe that window will last? View attachment 152680

I love her and she just rolled over 100k. I want to drive with the wind in my hair like my Wrangler. View attachment 152681

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

so they've just been replacing the glass every time? Are you mechanically inclined at all? If so you could take your door apart and maybe see if it's not the window and if it's something like the track, or if something else is out of line in the mechanism that pushes the window off the track. I'm not too well versed in how the windows are rolled up and down, but if I find any other info I'll be sure to let you know.

well so far i've taken two doors apart and the tracks are supported by a motor(either hand crank or electric) connected to a siscor type track system in the midde and then two outside tracks that are always stationary. and if i remember right their not all plastic clips i think its a large metal rivet with plastic around it to keep the rivet from vibrating or making too much noise. but from the sounds of it you just have a track that is broken itself and not the window clips. either the railing on one of the stationary rail has bent out the wrong way or the stoppers at the end of the track have became bent down and the the siscor tracks are falling off that way. if you decide to fix this yourself, when you take the door panel off take some pics of the track system and let us see what might be broken inside your door.