window motor: high tq vs low tq?!?!

N8Miller

I need NOS....make it 2 of the big ones
Founding Member
Jul 26, 2000
Kingston, PA, USA
the local auto parts store has both motors in stock, but is there really much difference? the high tq one is like 65 my cost and low tq is 28. is it really worth the extra $40 to get the high tq? will the low tq one be really slow?

also, roughly how long does it take to change a power window motor?

• Sponsors (?)

i swear i can do one in about 10 minutes. Nothing to it, door panel, then 3 screws on the motor and pops right out. Dont even get me started on the motor, I've been through 3 already and my passenger window still wont roll/up all the time. It just chooses when it likes to work. SUCH a PITA. get somewhere try to get outa the car and the window wont roll up. So god damn frustrating, then i gotta sit there and ****ing rock the switch back and forth for half an hour and then it just magically decides to work. Go figure.

i swear i can do one in about 10 minutes. Nothing to it, door panel, then 3 screws on the motor and pops right out. Dont even get me started on the motor, I've been through 3 already and my passenger window still wont roll/up all the time. It just chooses when it likes to work. SUCH a PITA. get somewhere try to get outa the car and the window wont roll up. So god damn frustrating, then i gotta sit there and ****ing rock the switch back and forth for half an hour and then it just magically decides to work. Go figure.

my passenger side window is like that too! i only have to figit with it for a couple minutes before it decides to work though. such a PITA!

Sounds like an electrical gremlin rather than a motor issue, but I may not have all the facts.

BHM, consider partially broken wires in the articulated boot in the door jamb. They get brittle from years or opening and closing and can start to have issues flowing enough current. A wiggle test usually tells you if this is a problem.

Good luck.