Window tint is hazy why is this?

62thunderbird

Jul 2, 2008
Nor Cal
When I bought my mach 1 it was very dirty so when I looked out the back window it looked hazy, I thought it was dirt on the outside but after I cleaned it, it was still hazy from the inside. but from the outside looks like a perfect tint. Should I take it some where to get it re tintend?

• Sponsors (?)

I know what your talking about.

Like if you try to clean the inside (tint side) with a light colored towel,the towel will have black on it right?
There are 2 things that I know of that can cause this,cheap tint(not 3M or Lumar) and if someone uses the plain windex or any cleaner with amonia in it,as the amonia will eat at the tint.

From my past experiences the only way to fix is to get it re-tinted.

Those 2 things happened on my 01 GT,when it was at the repair shop from when the drunk hit it,they cleaned the window with windex and within a week it was just like I said,so they paid to re-tint and did some cheao stuff,3yrs later when I get rid it that cheap tint is hazed again.But it did look good on the outside.I think the heat really affects this,as my GT was blackand would get really hot inside,and if I remember right your Mach is black too?

Around here they charge about $80 to do the back window if it has heating elements in it.

Im guessing you cleaned the inside.... but was the car owned by a smoker?
That cig smoke can leave a tuff to remove residue, try some warm soapy water.

Thats true to,like I said above...get a white towel and some window cleaner(amonia free or safe for tint) and wipe the window down,if its black,it needs to be retinted....if its a medium brownish color then its nicotine from cigs....just clean it good,depending how heavy a smoker it was,it might take a lil elbow grease to do it tho.

The side tint is perfect. Yeah when I look through my mirror I can't tell what kind of car is behind me. I have eagle one 20/20 glass cleaner I am going to try cleaning the inside again. The color of the tint is a purpleish black color. I am guessing it is a cheap tint. The guy was not a smoker. The car smells like a new car(leather smell). My Mach is black.
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am probably going to have to re tint but I will wait.

Thanks guys.