Window Tint?!?!?

MY Cobra

Mar 22, 2004
Franklin NC
I had my windows tinted about 3 months ago to 20% I was wanting to know on the back window what did you guys do to get the stupid top park to look decent. my car has the rear defroster and the little bumps at the top so the tint does not really stick to those bumps to well. It is not hanging down but you can see the bumps from the out side and it is not as dark. Any ideas on what to do? I have seen people that will tint then cut along that line of the dots then paint from then up but that seems kinda lame. there has to be a difffrent way.

• Sponsors (?)

the guy that put mine on warned me about that and said i could live with it, cut it off, or i could pay double and he could remove the dots, i lived with it. it can be done u just gotta decide if its worth it to you or not.
-Spike

any of you guys have any pics? What woulf you do if you were me? I am getting the back window redone cause they put a cut in the bottom that looks bad so i woudl like to know what i shoudl do before i go and get this done. thanks

MY Cobra said:
hmmm that vinal seems like a good idea. Does it just stick to the dots? can you tell from the outside?

Depends how anal you are. :) LOL In all honesty, if you can't see a defect from three feet away, then more than likely, no one will be able to tell within 12".

Vinyl is the best way to go to cover up everything.

ha ha ha cover up everything? What else are you trying to hide? Smack some on the back tires to cover a whole? LOL I am very very anal about my car. EXP my paint or what my car looks like from the outside. ha ha this guy said my rims looks like crap and i should get some chrome cobra R's ( They are in the mail now) He said this last week.

The guy that did my tint cleaned the dots with one of the green kitchen scrub sponges to get the "oxidation off" is what he said. After applying the tint, he heated that area up with a heatgun to get the tint to shrink up around the black dots. Looks good and no annoying light spots around the dots. It just looks like the rest of the window. He used the same process on my front windshield.

KAILUAZ said:
Search didn't turn up anything. So the tinting guy should know what Im talking about when I ask for the vinyl over the dots? W.A.P.I.T.A.!!

Yeah, he should know about the vinyl.I put mine on, not that big of a deal.Some people sand down the dots a little and get the tint to stick better, but the vinyl is the easiest approach, and it yields the best results. :nice: