Window Tint?

• Sponsors (?)

I asked my tint shop about that before they put the tint on. He said that he puts the heat gun on the windows after he puts the tint on. He said that this drys it enough to prevent any possible problems from the windows going down a little when opening and closing the door.

Been tinted for several weeks and no problems so far.

Oops didn't read your first post well enough. I dont know how they get the window to roll up that 1/4 inch or so when they are applying the tint.

BOSS4.6L said:
Does any body know how they get the driver and passenger door windows to stay up when they are applying window tint? And also has anybody heard of Suntec Window Tint, is it high quality or low quality tint?

I had Suntek HP installed a few weeks ago. It is a hybrid dyed/metal materialof better than average quality. Here is a link that may help you.

http://www.automalltintfactory.com/276338.html

my tint shop just triggered the door switch - it made the door think it was shut. On a side note, I'm starting to get scratches in my Llumar tint (3 wks old now). You might want to get them to put a felt gasket on the inside of the window (in place of the hard rubber one).

Adrenal said:
BOSS4.6L,

Go back and have the felt put on. You will almost surely get scratches otherwise. :nonono:

The window tint shop said to first notify FORD of the defect and then see if the seal will be recalled, then when the seal is replaced the warranty should cover the replacement of the tint. Beleave it or not the place that installed my tint wants me to do it this way so I don't have to pay for the felt and the tint replacement :rolleyes:

BOSS4.6L said:
The window tint shop said to first notify FORD of the defect and then see if the seal will be recalled, then when the seal is replaced the warranty should cover the replacement of the tint. Beleave it or not the place that installed my tint wants me to do it this way so I don't have to pay for the felt and the tint replacement :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like they just don't want to install the felt. Reporting it to Ford as a defect is one thing, getting Ford to admit that its a defect (and not a design feature) is another.

Ford is aware of the issue and does not view it as a defect. The tint is not a factory installed item, hence the car was not designed with it in mind. And before you try to tear me apart: Yes, I have the dreaded scratches as well.

I had mine tinted and watched them do it. They left the window down a quarter of an inch and just worked the tint down into the lining while pulling it back just a little bit. Worked great. He said the I believe Porsche has been using this feature for a long time so he's done many of them before.