windows squeaking....

how do i stop my windows from making this horrifying sqeaking noise when i roll em up and down.. someone told me to put baby powder on the inside bottom strip, but i dont want to make my windows all powdery. someone else told me to put wd40 on that strip, i had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.. i thought about putting a strip of silk on the inside of that strip, but that would be really hard and i dont even know if it will work.... HOW DO I FIX THIS?? thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

Get some Q-tips and grease. its the strip that goes up, where the speaker is at(or should be at). Grease it up some and you should be good to go. I think Ford has some grease for it, not for sure though

definitely try the weatherstrip with a q-tip first, being the easiest and somewhat common problem. if it's still making the sound, take the door panel off and spray up the window wheels and tracks with some wd-40.

does the sound get any louder at the top as the window is sealing? i had this same issue...hit up a couple spots with the wd-40 and no problems since.

i dont think its internal squeaking.. what is squeaking is the actuall window rubbing up and down against that inside strip that runs next to/below the mach speaker. you all mean put grease on that strip?? wont it smear all over the inside of my window??