Windows Vista

mx.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Synned do you have two internal HDs? or is one external?

there was something mentioned about readyboost only working with one flash stick...I'm hoping that an external USB 2.0 HD wouldn't interfere with being able to use readyboost. I guess I have some research to do

Vista will work beautifully on most new computers from now on. Intel / AMD both have great dual core chips which will be great for Vista, not to mention that most computers now come with 1GB of RAM.

If you upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP and thought that was rough, you've seen nothing when going from XP to Vista. RAM......is essential. Check out most any review and you'll see how well today's faster chips, memory, and hard drive speeds all will play an important role for future Vista users.

Windows XP still allowed a lot of 98/2000/ME users to upgrade fairly easily and without a significant decrease in performance. Vista.......forget it.

Vista = new computer for me. Either Dual Core 2 or AMDs top chip, 2 or 4GB RAM, 512MB dual DVI video card, and top SATA speed for very large HD. The cool thing is that this can be had for less than $1,400.

I'm actually running Vista on my laptop with no headaches. It's a couple years old now with an Athlon XP 2200 processor and 1GB of RAM. I haven't gotten to try out a whole lot of functionality yet, but it's been problem free with the exception of a few driver issues.

ok half the stuff you guys are talking about is confusing to me but this new windows looks sweet. If I were to download it would it mess anything up with my computer? I just completely wiped my hard drive and everything is on an external hard drive so im not to worried. Im pretty shure my laptop is capable

If your laptop is capable and your important stuff is elsewhere, I say go for it. Just be prepared to have to install drivers for Windows 2000/XP if it doesn't install any automatically. I already discovered that AOHell is incompatible with Vista, but AIM still works, so that's not an issue. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems, and my antivirus even installed no problem.

Therian said:
Synned do you have two internal HDs? or is one external?

there was something mentioned about readyboost only working with one flash stick...I'm hoping that an external USB 2.0 HD wouldn't interfere with being able to use readyboost. I guess I have some research to do

Yeah, two internals.

Synned