Windshield, headlights, and exhaust on my '73

stmcatee

Jan 18, 2011
I need to install a windshield in my car. I bought one locally, and the shop also sold me the glue and primers I need to install it. He said I should install the molding clips first though, is there anything else I'm missing? Like any rubber? There was no windshield in the car when I bought it so I don't know what I need.

On to the headlights. I have no idea why they will not work, I have tried everything I can think of. They are new bulbs, which I have tested to make sure are good. I have taken apart the plug, cleaned the contacts, and then checked the voltage. I got a solid 12 volts. I cleaned the brights switch, and the contacts of the plug, and checked voltage at the headlight plug. It was good and switched between high and low perfectly. I have removed the switch itself and cleaned it as best as I could. But when I plug the lights in and turn them on, nothing happens. I do not have any interior lights either, but I haven't tested that yet.

One last question. I need to design an exhaust system for my car from the manifolds back. I have 4v manifolds. I'm looking for a true duel set up, and the local muffler shops were quoting me $600-$1000 for a decent set up (weld-on, custom fit). I'm on a budget and would love to do it myself unless there is a good reason to go a different route. Any suggestions?

If you can help with any or all of my problems that would be awesome. I'm kinda getting stuck. My car is a 73 Mustang Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland.
Thanks, Steven

• Sponsors (?)

I need to install a windshield in my car. I bought one locally, and the shop also sold me the glue and primers I need to install it. He said I should install the molding clips first though, is there anything else I'm missing? Like any rubber? There was no windshield in the car when I bought it so I don't know what I need.
Nope, no rubber seal in 69-73, just butyl.

On to the headlights. I have no idea why they will not work, I have tried everything I can think of. They are new bulbs, which I have tested to make sure are good. I have taken apart the plug, cleaned the contacts, and then checked the voltage. I got a solid 12 volts. I cleaned the brights switch, and the contacts of the plug, and checked voltage at the headlight plug. It was good and switched between high and low perfectly. I have removed the switch itself and cleaned it as best as I could. But when I plug the lights in and turn them on, nothing happens. I do not have any interior lights either, but I haven't tested that yet.
Back-check the circuit. Probably a loose or corroded plug somewhere.

One last question. I need to design an exhaust system for my car from the manifolds back. I have 4v manifolds. I'm looking for a true duel set up, and the local muffler shops were quoting me $600-$1000 for a decent set up (weld-on, custom fit). I'm on a budget and would love to do it myself unless there is a good reason to go a different route. Any suggestions?
Ridiculous. You could buy a concours-show correct 351C 4V exhaust system in a box for About $400, correct hangers and clamps included.

G07288.jpg

For parts and labor that seems like a fair market cost for dual exhaust. I usually get mine done for around four hundred, including mufflers. At least I don't think it is way out of line. You may be able to find a better deal if you shop around a bit though.

:jaw: Conplete from my headers back to my 5in chrome tips on my extended cab truck was $350!!!!!! Built custom at a local shop. My 2007 Is going to cost $305 X-pipe back with 2 Magnaflows!!!!!! Custom built at the same shop. Both with 2 1/2in pipe. Very well done too!!!!!