windshield washer sprayer adjustment

89 KS notch

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2000
Topeka KS
Have any of you tried to move these things? The one on the passenger side squirts right at the bottom of the windshield so it does no good what so ever. I've tried prying it up a little but it don't seem to move. Wasn't sure if there was some other trick to it or not.

• Sponsors (?)

My God I have the exact same problem, same side too -

The Salt is caked on the passenger side and not the drivers side once I was the windshield...

I'll be subscribing to this thread.

had the same problem before also. I fixed it by sticking a small pin into the eye of the sprayer and pointing it up slightly. A little goes a long way. Don't know if this is how you're supposed to do it or not, but I could see again out of the passenger side.

I tried messing with this thing yesterday and I couldn't get it to budge. I wonder if there's something underneath the cowl to move that around. Anyway, I ended up sticking a little piece of plastic under the backside of the sprayer to aim it up a little. Helped but still not 100%.

I have the same problem. Not only does it spray towards the bottom, but by the time it spays enough fluid down the wipers are already in the up position and they just push all the cleaner down onto the cowl. I'm thinking of sticking a pin in the holes to increase size and change direction.

Try a paper clip. I used one on my brother's Benz and it did the trick. I think the clogging is due to the type of windshield washer fluid you use. My brother used the orange Rain-X stuff (de-icer I think). The stuff works really well, but it leaves a chalky residue that plugs the nozzles...

Bill