Windsor-Fox sucks, any one else making...

68converted

Nov 19, 2003
Colorado
Windsor-Fox has got to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Anyone have info whether they are still in business? I have been calling to buy parts for over a month and a half, and have left about 15 messages. I think I have spent as much on long distance as the stupid f'ing parts would cost in the first place.

Ok, vent over. :Damnit:

Is anyone making an AOD conversion shift rod other than Windson-Crap? I want to keep the original shifter and I am just not skilled enough bending metal to make my own.

• Sponsors (?)

I heard they were in some sort of bankruptcy-limbo (don;t take my word for that it is pure hearsay)...kind of like TCP was for a while before they got bought.

I have Windsor Fox parts for my AOD swap and they worked fine, but I did not have to deal with the phone at all and it was a long time ago.

Ronstang said:
Just make your own. It is not a hard part to fabricate with basic shop tools. I will be making the one I need for a buddy's car when I install the AOD.

Where would I get metal rod the diam needed and how does one make the end connections. They are pretty specific to the application. Can I just rebend the old C4 shift linkage?

I have one of the shift rods from them... I made my own while waiting on it to get shipped (about 4 months) I wouldnt buy a single thing from them ever again, and I will look at selling it if you want it real badly. Mark

Red5oh said:
I have one of the shift rods from them... I made my own while waiting on it to get shipped (about 4 months) I wouldnt buy a single thing from them ever again, and I will look at selling it if you want it real badly. Mark

Thanks Mark, I am going to try and rebend the original. If I screw that up, I will PM you. Thanks for the offer.

All I did was cut each shift rod, one from the C4, one from the AOD, then went under the car with vice grips and someone in the car to operate the shifter. Got the setting I wanted and clamped them together. Then made better cuts and welded them together. With the adjustment from the C4 end, it works great.

Az Pete said:
All I did was cut each shift rod, one from the C4, one from the AOD, then went under the car with vice grips and someone in the car to operate the shifter. Got the setting I wanted and clamped them together. Then made better cuts and welded them together. With the adjustment from the C4 end, it works great.

This is exactly what I did... just bending it where it needed it. I think using this method gives you more adjustment range than the W-F unit anyway. I didnt have to do anything to the trans tunnel.