Windstop for 2004 convertible

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by TheDBA, Jan 28, 2004.

1. TheDBA

TheDBA New Member

Does anyone have the "windstop" for the 2003-2004 convertible? It's shown in the 2004 online brochure but I can't find closeup pictures of it anywhere.

I basically want to know if:

a) the thing is effective
    b) my kids can still ride in the back with it installed
    c) is it worth the $250 it appears to cost? (probably not but there isn't a lot of choice)

Ford part number is 2R3Z76539A18AA-258 and its description is Windstop. It also looks like it is made by a company called ORIS (www.oris-ltd.com).

Thanks in advance!

2. 69restomod

69restomod licensed drug dealer!
    Founding Member

San Benito, Texas United States Of America
    i thought that was put on when you had a tanneau cover on your vert?

They look really sweet :drool: the only ones that I have seen was on a 2002 saleen E-281.

3. aceman65

aceman65 New Member

I found one at classic design concept I think. I e-mailed them and they said it is put on with some L brackets on the bottem and fits between two strips of styrofoam type material. I do not believe you need a tonneau cover. This particular one fits on a style/light bar which look very cool. Sorry forgot to mention that. The light bar will set you back a nice chunk of change.

The one you are talking about is an aftermarket type you get direct from the dealer. I am thinking about one myself but then you have to store it when it is not in use. not sure it is worth it but I have not made up my mind.

The dealer option gaurd I do not believe will allow anyone in the backseat. Call a Ford Dealer to be sure. I think anyone who would sit in the back would be blown out. The gaurd deflects the wind out the back. I think it would be difficult for your kids to breath with a steady gush of wind in their face.:flag:

4. aceman65

aceman65 New Member

Bad Picture but what can you do? Where is it? I don't know how to attach something I guess. Sorry. :bang:

Attached Files:

5. TheDBA

TheDBA New Member

Thanks. I found a video where it shows the effect. Looks like it deflects wind turbulence from the rear - so the kids would probably get blasted with air!