Wingless? Oh, HELL yes!!!

fiveofanatic

How to fuel a Mustang:
Founding Member
Aug 12, 1998
Phoenix, AZ suburbs
Finally did what I've been thinking about since I bought the car!

Click here for all ten pics

wingless10.jpg

wingless04.jpg

wingless02.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

BlackOnBlackCobra96 said:
Looks good...but I'd try to change trunklids with a V6 owner so you won't have the holes.

:rlaugh:

I think it looks cheap without the wing, and reminds me of just that, a V6 mustang. It looks much better with the wing IMO, and would look even sweeter with a 99+ saleen S281 wing. Only problem is that the saleen wings for the 96-98s look too goofy IMO.

I like it looking like a V6, because it's not. Wings were optional starting in '97, I wish mine was one of the few OE wingless Cobras. The perfect setup for me would be two decklids, one with no wing & filled holes, & one with an S-281 wing. I hate the look of the regular wing.

The only thing I don't like about it wingless is it draws more attention to how puny the rear wheels look sucked into those gigantic wheelwells. The cheap solution there would be some H&R spacers, which I think I'm going to do next.

fiveofanatic said:
The only thing I don't like about it wingless is it draws more attention to how puny the rear wheels look sucked into those gigantic wheelwells. The cheap solution there would be some H&R spacers, which I think I'm going to do next.

my solution to the small looking sucked in rear wheels :D

17x10.5
275/40/17 Kumho's
a 295 would be perfect, but oh well

PS: dont mind the dust, gravel driveways suck

attachment.php

I love the look! I put plugs in the lid for my GT, which worked as it was black anyway. My Cobra has a wingless lid from a V6 that I had painted to match.

Makes the car look streamlined and smooth, it did take a day of driving topless to get used to not having a rear reference. All that's visible now is the trim around the top well when looking in the rearview mirror.

Non-functional wings are for ricers!