winter beater

jhaynes578

Jul 3, 2006
Nebraska
well i just settled a deal with my friend for my winter beater. It was a car dear to him but to me it seems great for the winter muddin. Its a 1989 chevy suburban. I know, i know its a chevy but its the best bang for the buck, also i am not to imparcial to names on a car just pretty much if i see potential it works. The purchase for the whole thing was $100. It was so cheap b/c the engine is blown, he was driving and didnt have an oil gage and didnt realize tthat the pump went out. In it now is a 454 that has some performance done to it. What it use to have was the diesel engine in it, and now it will have a 350 in it with a turbo tranny that i am getting for free from a nother friend. So all in all i am gettin a great winter beater for a great price. Will have pics up probly tomorrow but i am just to exited about the deal at this point. Whoohhoooo!!!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck with that swap. Make sure you get good engine mounts; the last GM truck I worked on, was turning the engine up on it's side because the driver's side engine mount wasn't even there anymore.

I've got my Ranger halfway through a 302 swap for the winter right now. I'm hoping I can get the stupid thing going by the time snow hits, but it's not looking good.