Winter Projects

Steve65Fback

Oct 4, 2005
What I have:
Car - 65 Mustang Fastback

Engine - 289 C code(rebuilt 1800 miles ago to original spec with new original style 2bbl carb), original manifolds, new 2 inch daul exhaust

Trans - 4speed toploader

Rear - 2.80 gears, leaf springs, drum brakes

Front end - TCP coil over suspension kit w/ all options, stainless disc brakes, KRC power steering, and 17x8 rims

What i'm thinking about doing:
New Intake and 4 bbl carb. (possibly eldebrock proformer w/ 500 or 600 cfm 4 bbl carb)

Headers (Tri-Y??????)

Gears???????

It's basicly a car to have fun with (shows, cruise nights, and sunday drives) but I would like to make if faster. My goal is around 14 to 14.5 1/4 mile car in terms of power. I know thats far off but someday. That why I want your suggestions. As for the suspension I already have my goal (coil-over rear would be nice but not going to happen).

I'm looking for suggestions on which parts to use and/or different mods I should do. Thank you for your suggestions.

Expense - I'm just looking for ideas, cheap to expensive let me hear them and then I'll decide if its worth it

• Sponsors (?)

My Winter "To Do" list

72 coupe
351C-2v, FMX, 9" with 4:11 opens

Ok lets see,
I have a used but rebuilt power steering unit to install.
A chrome Alt to install
Triple gauges to replace (current gauges installed by PO don't work)
New center section w/3:50 opens
New tires
Replace oil pan
If I can find a set of heads for an affordable price I want to build them and replace the whole top-end complete replacement heads, cam, timing chain (possibly gear drive)

Install headers and have exhaust re-done.

I think that enough to get it ready for the final leg of next years Hot Rod Power Tour.